Police Jury Meeting notes: November 15, 2023
Posted: Nov 20, 2023, 1:23 PM
During the November 15 meeting, the jurors voted to appoint Ms. Megan Ramos as the Interim Parish Secretary.
In other business during Wednesday’s meeting, police jury members:
- Awarded a bid for the Rehabilitation of Wastewater Collection System Manholes Police Jury District 2, 4 and 8.
- Approved recommendations to schedule a public hearing on December 20, 2023, from the Benton MPC and the Haughton MPC for zoning classifications on several tracts of land in Benton, Haughton, and Doyline.
- Jurors adopted a resolution to recognize U.S. Congressman Mike Johnson as the Speaker of the House.
- Passed the reappointment of Jay Valentine and Sammy Halphen to the Benton Fire District No. 4 Board of Commissioners for a two-year term, term expiring on December 31, 2025.
- Adopted a resolution to officially adopt the Bossier Parish Hazard Mitigation Plan Update.
- Approved several applications for renewal of Bossier Parish beer/liquor licenses for 2024.
- Approved appointing police jury members to the Library Board of Control.
- Approved the Certificate of Substantial Completion of Project No. 2023-120, 2023 Parish Road Improvements, and authorize the execution of documents.
- Approved the Final Change Order No. 2, Project No. 2023-120, 2023 Parish Road Improvements, and authorize the execution of documents.
- Approved the acceptance of a proposal from Civil Design Group for Project No. 50-J08-22-01, Improvements to LA Highway 3 and I-220 Interchange Planning and Construction – Stage 0 Study and authorize the execution of documents. (Police Jury District 6)
- Approved the Certificate of Substantial Completion of Project No. 2021-123, Proposed Street Improvements – DR 4263 PW 910 Paved Roads – Task Order No. 11 and authorize the execution of documents.
- Approved the acceptance of the Certificate of Substantial Completion of Consolidated Waterworks Sewerage District No. 1, for Project No. 2021-108, Expansion of Wastewater Collection System – Contract A – Highway 80 East Sewer System Improvements and authorize the execution of documents. (Police Jury District 2)
- Approved the adoption of an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 4676 of March 7, 2018, which amends Chapter 126 of the Bossier Parish Code of Ordinances, Benton-Parish MPC Zoning Regulations, to amend the current Benton MPC “Zoning Map” to include the area recently added which expanded the jurisdictional area of the Benton-MPC.
Police Jury Members also heard reports from Butch Ford, Parish Administrator, Eric Hudson, Parish Engineer, and Kevin Gay, Director of the Highway Department.