Police Jury Meeting Notes: April 5, 2023
Posted: Apr 6, 2023, 1:34 PM
Despite a series of weather issues, work is progressing on several parish projects including the new north/south roadway that will eventually allow motorists to travel from I-220 at Swan Lake Rd. to Crouch Rd. and LA Hwy. 162.
"The rain hasn't slowed our contractors. The water is up, but they're still working on the bridge," Parish Engineer Eric Hudson told Bossier Parish Police Jury members during the body's Wednesday meeting.
Hudson said work on the north/south is currently centered on the northern section of the roadway from Crouch Rd. to the Black Bayou levee.
Other projects underway include a new base on Smith Rd. in south Bossier Parish and replacing subgrade on a section of Doyline Koran Rd., also in south Bossier.
Hudson said the engineering department is currently preparing specifications to send out for bids on the parish's overlay program. He also told jury members the parish is moving as quickly as possible on drainage and sewer projects.
Wednesday's meeting also saw police jury members:
- Adopt a resolution congratulating Ernie Perry, III, Airline High School Wrestling Team, for winning his 4th LHSAA Division 1 State Wrestling Championship.
- Present a resolution congratulating the Bossier High School Boys’ Basketball team for winning the 2023 LHSAA, Division I Non-Select State Championship.
- Present a resolution congratulating the Bossier High School Boys’ Soccer Team for achieving 2nd in the 2023 LHSAA, Division III State Championship.
- Award bid of $1.23 million for Project No. 2022-118 Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 Expansion of Wastewater Collection System - Contract “C” – Creekside subdivision tie-in, in accordance with bids received March 9, 2023.
- Award bid of $148,950 for Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 Penal Farm test wells, in accordance with bids received March 30, 2023.
- Agree to delay action on change of zoning classification on two certain tracts of land, being 100.854 acres, more or less, located in Section 35, Township 19 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish, from R-A, Residence-Agricultural District, to R LD, Residential, Low Density District, for a residential subdivision. (Winfield Road residential subdivision.)
- Table the application of Michael Kelsch, Raley and Associates, Inc., for a Conditional Use Approval for an apartment complex, The Ascent on 80, located at 4570 Highway 80, Haughton; south side of Highway 80, southwest of Wafer Road.
- Schedule a public hearing on April 19 to consider reducing the speed limit on 1.6 miles of Jamerson Road, located in Sections 13, 24, and 25, Township 17 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish, from 35 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour.
- Schedule a public hearing on April 19 to consider establishing a speed limit of 25 miles per hour on Joyner Drive, located in Section 25, Township 17 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish.
- Schedule a public hearing on May 3 to consider adoption of an ordinance prohibiting the parking of vehicles on Jamestowne Boulevard between Newport Lane and Ansley Circle, Jamestowne subdivision, located in Section 9, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish, and providing penalties for violation thereof.
- Schedule a public hearing on the second police jury meeting in May of 2023, date to be determined, to consider approval of the application of Javier Ochoa to the Bossier City-Parish MPC for a Conditional Use Approval for the sale of high and low content alcohol for on-premise consumption at a restaurant, H Latin Food, located at 2950 Highway 80, Haughton.
- Schedule a public hearing on the second police jury meeting in May of 2023, date to be determined, to consider approval of the application of Lynn Beaty, Fillmore Properties, to the Haughton-Parish MPC for a zoning amendment for a 1.5-acre tract of land from R-A, Residence-Agricultural District, to I-1, Light Industrial District, for a proposed warehouse/office, multitenant rental development located on the north side of Highway 80, near McSwain Drive, Section 9, Township 18 North, Range 11 West, Princeton.
- Grant a 30-day extension on property located at 119 Ashwood Drive, Haughton.
- Accept report on meeting of the Road/Subdivision Regulations Committee.
- Agree to reschedule the May 17 regular police jury meeting to May 18, due to the Police Jury Association of Louisiana’s annual Legislative Day.
- Adopt a resolution indicating the intention of the Bossier Parish Police Jury to become a participating political subdivision in the Louisiana Local Government Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority and appoint Philip Rodgers as police jury representative to the Board of Directors for said authority for a term of two (2) years.
- Adopt a proclamation declaring the week of April 10-April 14 as National Community Development Week.
- Adopt a proclamation declaring the month of April, 2023, as Fair Housing Month in Bossier Parish.
- Approve an amendment and ratification of right-of-way agreement and servitude lease between the Bossier Parish Police Jury and Ibex Midstream, LLC.
- Accept streets and drainage in Cane’s Landing subdivision, Unit No. 2, into the parish road system for permanent maintenance.
- Accept streets and drainage in Hills of Eastwood subdivision, into the parish road system for permanent maintenance.
- Accept the sewer main improvements in Hills of Eastwood subdivision, into the Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 of the Parish of Bossier sewer system for permanent maintenance.
- Accept the water main improvements in Hills of Eastwood subdivision, into the Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 of the Parish of Bossier water system for permanent maintenance.
- Award bid of $15,750 for sewer main work in Cypress Bend subdivision.
- Approve agreement with pipeline company for road access on Arthur Ray Teague Parkway.