Police Jury Meeting Notes: December 1, 2021
Posted: Dec 2, 2021, 5:55 PM
Engineers and highway department officials will be traveling Bossier Parish roadways in the very near future to get a first-hand look at infrastructure needs in preparation for the 2022 road program.
Assistant Parish Engineer Eric Hudson told police jury members Wednesday that the tour would be conducted on a district by district basis.
“We do this inspection each year about the time our current year is winding down,” Hudson explained. “We would encourage each of you to let us know of concerns you may have in your district.”
Hudson said the current year’s road program has been completed, but noted one project remains active.
“Our contractors are still working on the Linton Rd. bridge over Flat River and they’re continuing to make progress since we’ve had pretty good weather,” he said. “They are on schedule.”
Hudson also told jury members that a new sandbagging machine, costing $100,000, has arrived and is being installed at the parish highway department. Funds for the machine were provided by the Port of Shreveport-Bossier, he said.
“This unit is going to be a stationary unit, and we’re equipping it with a generator system so we can continue to operate if we lose power during an emergency,” he said.
During Wednesday’s meeting, police jury members also:
- Adopted the 2022 Bossier Parish Police Jury budget.
- Agreed to change the speed limit on Myers Road, located in Section 27, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish, from 25 miles per hour to 10 miles per hour.
- Approved the plat of the proposed development of Henry’s Way subdivision, located in Section 10, Township 18 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish. (Located off Adner Rd.)
- Approved the application of C.A. Bass, LLC, to the Haughton Metropolitan Planning Commission for a conditional use approval for a proposed 300-foot telecommunication tower located in Section 8, Township 18 North, Range 11 West, Bossier Parish.
- Approved application of Freddie M. Widmer to the Bossier City-Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission for a zoning amendment to change the zoning classification of a certain tract of land being 9.992 acres, more or less, located at 3475 Sligo Rd., Bossier City, in Section 13, Township 17 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish, from I-1, Light Industrial District, to R-A, Residence-Agricultural District, for personal storage.
- Approved the Hansen-Kosior partition, located in Section 12, Township 21 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish. (Located on Kilgore Rd.)
- Scheduled a public hearing on December 15, to consider adoption of the Bossier Parish Police Jury 2021 amended budget.
- Scheduled a public hearing on January 19, 2022, to consider the application of the Benton-Parish MPC, to review and consider accessory dwelling unit regulations within the R-A, Residence-Agriculture District, and the R-1, One-Family Residence District; Favorable recommendation by the Benton-Parish MPC.
- Accepted report on meeting of the Library Board of Control.
- Approved applications for renewal of Bossier Parish beer/liquor licenses for 2022. (Approved by the Sheriff and health department.)
- Approved applications for renewal of Bossier Parish beer/liquor licenses for 2022, subject to approval by the health department. (Approved by the Sheriff’s Department.)
- Reappointed Jay Valentine and Sammy Halphen to the Benton Fire District No. 4 Board of Commissioners for two-year terms each, terms to expire December 31, 2023.
- Denied a request from Mikki Prescott Family, LLC, for abandonment of a portion of Swan Lake Rd. located in Section 36, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish.
- Approved proposal of Nixon Engineering Solutions for engineering and surveying services for drainage investigation of Winfield Rd. bridge crossing over Connell Bayou.