Police Jury Meeting Notes: April 21, 2021
Posted: Apr 23, 2021, 11:01 AM
Work on the Linton Rd. bridge spanning Black Bayou has begun which means the heavily-traveled roadway is closed, but traffic appears to be moving smoothly along detour routes, Assistant Parish Engineer Eric Hudson told members of the Bossier Parish Police Jury Wednesday.
“Things look like they’re going smoothly so far,” Hudson said. “The state DOTD is on site, the state police were there to see that things are OK. And it looks like the adjustments we’ve made at Benton Elementary School will help.”
Also, the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office is standing by at the elementary school and at the intersection of La. Hwy. 162 and La. Hwy. 3 to help with traffic flow, Hudson said.
While work on the bridge is ongoing, Hudson said the area beneath the structure will be closed to boat traffic on Black Bayou.
“The lake is not closed, but that area beneath the bridge is closed for safety purposes,” he said. “The contractor will determine when it’s safe enough to remove the barricades and reopen for boats.”
Hudson also told jurors that work on another parish bridge, a new structure over Foxskin Bayou on the Johnson Koran road, is moving ahead.
“The contractor has finished pouring the approach slabs and they’re starting to work on the roadway approaching the bridge. Work there should be completed in just a few weeks,” he said.
Also during Wednesday’s meeting, jury members:
- Adopted a resolution finding and determining that a public hearing has been held and that no petition has been filed objecting to the proposed issuance of not to exceed Seven Million Dollars ($7,000,000) of Taxable Utilities Revenue Bonds of Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 of the Parish of Bossier, State of Louisiana; authorizing the officials of said District to proceed with the preparation of the documents required for the issuance of such bonds; and providing for other matters in connection therewith.
- Approved the plat of the proposed development of Canal Place subdivision, Unit No. 1A, being a resubdivision of Lots 21 and 22, Canal Place subdivision, Unit No. 1, located in Section 32, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish. (Located off Old Brownlee Road on Erie Circle, Canal Place Subdivision, Unit No. 1.)
- Approved the plat of the proposed development of Candy Acres subdivision, Unit No. 1-B, being a resubdivision of Lot 3, Candy Acres subdivision, located in Section 2, Township 18 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish. (Located off Wafer Road, across from Amanda Lane.)
- Tabled abandonment of Collinsburg Road, located in Sections 28, 29, 32 and 33, Township 22 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish.
- Accepted report of meeting of the Road/Subdivision Regulations Committee.
- Accepted report of meeting of the Consolidated Waterworks/Sewerage District No. 1 Board of Appeals.
- Denied a request for the Bossier Parish Police Jury to assist with funding to hire an engineer to conduct a study to identify low-cost solutions to address erosion by the Red River at LA Highway 537; previously discussed at the April 7, 2021, Bossier Parish Police Jury regular meeting.
- Approved, subject to parish attorney review, Supplemental Agreement No. 6 to the original agreement between the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Bossier Parish Police Jury, which deletes State Project No. H.003855, Winfield Road Extension (Part of Bossier Parish Congestion Relief Program) in order to create a new agreement between the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Bossier Parish Police Jury for State Project No. H.003855, Bossier Parish Congestion Relief Winfield Road, and deletes State Project No. H.011726, Swan Lake Road (Flat River to Crouch Road).
- Approved, subject to review by parish attorney, an original agreement between the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Bossier Parish Police Jury for State Project No. H.003855, Bossier Parish Congestion Relief Winfield Road (extension of Winfield Road from Benton Road (LA 3) to the intersection of Bellevue Road and Winfield Road).
- Approved the proposal of Civil Design Group, LLC, for additional professional engineering services for LA Highway 3 – Benton Road at I-220 interchange, capital improvements project (turn lanes).