Police Jury Meeting Notes: August 1, 2018
Posted: Aug 1, 2018, 4:14 PM
A development combining up to 25 residential lots, clubhouse and community pool plus a private airport featuring a 5,000 ft. runway and a recreational lake capable of accommodating pontoon aircraft has been presented to members of the Bossier Parish Police Jury.
Developer Max Sharp said the initial proposed site for the airport sits on a little over 200 acres of land located about six miles north of Benton off La. Hwy. 3 and Alden Bridge Loop Rd. The proposed community would be named Alden Pines.
During the first meeting of August, jury members also:
- Learned the public body’s audit was very good, with no findings and an increase in all fund balances.’
- Awarded a bid for extension of Commerce Drive, Phase 3.
- Heard a report from the property standards board of review and agreed to schedule two condemnation hearings.
- Heard a report from the roads/subdivisions regulations committee.
- Accepted and ratified a recommendation of the commercial vehicle enforcement unit board of appeals.
- Approved a proposal of Civil Design Group, LLC for design services on Kingston Road Park.
- Approved a change order for the north/south corridor Swan Lake Rd. project.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the police jury to acquire and/or expropriate all parcels, tracts, properties or servitudes required for construction and completion of the north/south corridor, I-220/Swan Lake Rd. interchange to Crouch Rd.
- Approved plan change 4 for acceleration lane on U.S. 71.
- Heard a report from the parish engineer noting plans for the replacement of Linton Rd. bridge have been forwarded to Baton Rouge.
- Agreed to request assistance from the area Congressional delegation after FEMA denied $25 million in flood funds for the 2016 weather event, and to ask that the former arbitration policy be reintroduced.