Police Jury Meeting Notes: February 1, 2023
Posted: Feb 1, 2023, 6:09 PM
Groundbreaking has been scheduled Monday, Feb. 6 for four additional athletic fields at South Bossier Park, signaling the start of future expansion plans to keep up with usage at what has become one of the parish's most popular recreational facilities.
Director of Parks and Recreation Warren Saucier told police jury members Wednesday that the four additional fields will be put to multiple uses and will help involve additional activities.
"We already have youth and adult soccer, lacrosse and football teams using athletic fields for practice and league competition, and we have baseball and softball practice fields available," Saucier said. "With these additional fields, I believe more organizations will be looking at us as a place to play and practice."
Already, South Bossier Park is home to events including high school cross country meets and youth league football and soccer. The North Louisiana Football Alliance, a five-team semi-professional adult league, has will be playing several games at the park during its 2023 schedule.
Money to help pay for the additional fields will come from a $75,000 grant from the state Department of the Treasury.
Also during Wednesday's meeting, police jury members:
- Awarded bid for hot mix for the parish.
- Tabled for two weeks approval of the plat of the proposed development of River Square subdivision, being a resubdivision of portions of Lots 16, 17, 24 and 25, Shady Grove Plantation subdivision, located in Section 29, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish; located off Benton Road. (Tabled on January 18, 2023, meeting.)
- Scheduled a public hearing on March 1 to consider changing the name of Town Lake Boulevard to Innovation Drive as an extension of the existing Innovation Drive, located in Section 11, Township 18 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish.
- Accepted reports on meetings of the Policy and Procedures Committee and the Parks and Recreation Committee.
- Approved the application of Sharlet Randall and Michael Randall for a 2023 Bossier Parish beer/liquor license at Cypress Shak, 1115 Hwy 162, Benton, subject to approval by the Health Department. (Approved by the Sheriff’s Office.)
- Approved the application of Juan L. Monzon, for renewal of a 2023 Bossier Parish beer/liquor license at Don Lucio’s Bar & Grill, formerly Trejo’s Mexican Restaurant, 4615 Hwy 80E, Haughton. (Approved by the Sheriff’s Office and Health Department.)
- Authorized completion of the Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire in connection with the 2022 audit of Bossier Parish Police Jury financial records, and authorize the President to execute documents.
- Approved a variance of parish regulations to allow a commercial structure to be built below the road surface level located at 601 Kingston Road, Lot 1, Fairburn subdivision No. 5A.
- Approved supplemental agreement No. 1 to the agreement with Beast Engineering, LLC, for Resident Engineer Inspection Services (Disaster Relief), RFP 2020-112, DR 4263 PW 910 Paved Roads, Task Order No. 7.
- Approved Change Order No. 1 for Project No. 2021-119, DR 4263 PW 910 Paved Roads, Task Order No. 7.
- Approved Change Order No. 1 for Project No. 2021-122, DR 4263 PW 910 Paved Roads, Task Order No. 10
- Approved a traffic signal maintenance agreement with the City of Bossier City.
- Approved Amendment No. 1 to the proposal with Raley and Associates, Inc., for additional surveying and engineering services for Bossier Parish Lucky Estates subdivision drainage improvements project, FEMA-4263-DR-LA, Project #15.
- Approved supplemental agreement No. 2 with Civil Design Group for additional surveying and engineering services for Covington Road extension to LA Highway 614.
- Approved supplemental agreement No. 1 with Coyle Engineering Co., Inc., for surveying and engineering services for Town Lake Boulevard (Innovation Drive) and Dairy Lane extension.