Police Jury Meeting Notes: October 19, 2022
Posted: Oct 24, 2022, 1:52 PM
Winter is closing in and some fields at one local sports facility are closing to give parish workers the chance to make improvements for the beginning of Spring activities, parish Director of Parks and Recreation Warren Saucier told police jury members Wednesday.
"We're closing Lawson Bo Brandon to plant winter rye and to do some dirt work on fields that need it," Saucier said. "In order to give the rye a chance to grow we need to stay off the fields. If we want to have nice surfaces for next year, we have to work on the fields now."
Although some baseball and softball fields will be closed to any activities, the batting cage and soccer fields will remain open, he said.
Saucier also told jurors of the need to enforce the handicapped parking area at the facility where unauthorized vehicles occupying spaces has become a problem.
"We're having a problem with people parking in the spaces designated as handicapped when they don't have the need to do so," he said. "We'd like to talk about the possibility of having officers periodically check the spaces during games and issue tickets to vehicles without proper handicap ID tags."
Another parish park has seen an upgrade that will benefit the large number of users who use the facility, Saucier said.
"Down at Parish Camp (on Lake Bistineau), the new boom that will help keep the Salvinia from clogging the launch area has been put in place by Wildlife and Fisheries," Saucier said. "This ought to keep the area clear."
During Wednesday's meeting, police jury members also:
- Authorized advertising for bids for annual supplies and materials for the Bossier Parish Highway Department; bids to be received Thursday, December 1, at 2 p.m.
- Awarded bid for Project No. 2022-100, Bay Hills subdivision main entrance, in accordance with bids received October 13, 2022, and authorize the execution of documents.
- Agreed to adopt the Haughton Metropolitan Planning Commission Zoning Map.
- Approved the plat of the proposed development of Belmere subdivision, Unit No. 7, located in Section 4, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish; located off Aaron Lane.
- Approved plat of the proposed development of Providence Classical Academy subdivision, being a resubdivision of Tracts 1 and 2, Minor Plat for Bonomo Investment Company, LLC, located in Sections 4 and 5, Township 18 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish; located off Old Brownlee Road.
- Approved the Minor Plat for Caddo-Bossier Parishes Port Commission, located in Sections 27 and 34, Township 22 North, Range 13 West, Plain Dealing; located on the corner of LA Highway 3 and Rocky Mount Road.
- Approved the site plan for Teal-Jones Sawmill, located in Sections 27 and 34, Township 22 North, Range 13 West, Plain Dealing; located on the corner of LA Highway 3 and Rocky Mount Road.
- Adopted an ordinance amending Chapter 46 of the Bossier Parish Code of Ordinances, “Environment”, to add/and or amend certain sections and/or subsections. Public hearing was tabled until Nov. 2.
- Scheduled a public hearing on November 16 to consider approval of the map of partition for Charles L. Ford, Jr., Mark A. Ford, Susan Mitchell Scott, Cindy Ann Wheeler, John William Miears, and Cindy Butterfield Miears, located in Section 6, Township 23 North, Range 11 West, Bossier Parish; located off Shiloh Road and Oglee Road.
- Scheduled a public hearing on November 16, to establish a speed limit of 25 miles per hour on Bullfight Road, located in Section 3, Township 16 North, Range 12 West, Bossier Parish; located off Caplis Sligo Road.
- Scheduled a public hearing on December 7, 2022, to consider adoption of the 2023 Bossier Parish Police Jury Budget.
- Agreed to proceed to condemnation of property located at 130 Rye Circle, Bossier City, and at 623 Lawrence Drive, Haughton.
- Accepted report on meeting of the Library Board of Control committee.
- Appointed Glenn Benton to the Library Board of Control for a five-year term, term to expire October 1, 2027.
- Granted approval of the application of Miguel Ayala and Rodolfo Vargas for a 2022 Bossier Parish beer/liquor license at El Patio Mexican Grill, 5515 Airline Drive, Bossier City, subject to approval by the health department. (approved by the Sheriff’s Department).
- Approved applications for renewal of Bossier Parish beer/liquor licenses for 2023, subject to approval by the health department. (approved by the Sheriff’s Department).
- Ratified approval of Division Order with SWN Production Company, LLC, in connection with Lucky family 17-20HC 4 ALT.
- Adopted an ordinance officially abandoning Lots 4, 5, and 6 of Willow Chute Estates subdivision, Unit No. 1, located in Section 27, Township 19 North, Range 13 West, Bossier Parish; plat previously approved August 3, 2022.
- Granted a request for a variance of parish regulations to allow a home to be built below the road surface level located at 610 Pine Cove Road, Lot 10, Jo-Ray Bay subdivision, Unit No. 2; located off CC Sandidge Road.
- Approved proposal of Coyle Engineering Co., Inc., for engineering and surveying services for Innovation Drive and Dairy Lane extensions.