Posted: Apr 1, 2020, 12:10 PM
To the citizens of Bossier Parish
From your Bossier Parish Police Jury:
Medical specialists predict the problems facing our community could reach a peak soon. We have been asked to take precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID 19 (Coronavirus) and we are now asking you, as citizens of Bossier Parish, to do more.
Here is what you can do to help.
- Limit your essential store runs to once every three days. While shopping, strictly follow social distancing.
- If there is a crowd, avoid it. If there is a line, stand six feet behind the person in front of you. If the aisle is full, go around or find another way. Wait for lines to clear.
- When possible, pay with credit card, over the phone or by some other manner to avoid handling cash as often as you can.
- Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.
- If you are an essential employee, please follow social distancing rules at work.
- Make sure you, your friends your family and co-employees disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as telephones, keyboards, light switches, door handles, coffee machines, microwave handles, toilet flushers, sink handles and faucets.
- Avoid social gatherings of more than 10 persons. Even then, practice social distancing.
- If you do seek a meal that is not home prepared, please call in the order or use your restaurant’s drive through. Utilize home delivery whenever possible, both for meals and groceries where available.
- If you have elderly neighbors, check on them regularly via telephone, Twitter, Facebook or another social medium.
- Do not give personal information to individuals who may call claiming to represent any government agency. If someone comes to your door claiming to be a government employee checking for possible Corona infection, contact your local law enforcement agency.
- Use common sense. Respect your fellow citizens. This critical time will pass but only if we exercise good judgement and caution.
While the parish courthouse remains closed to the public, the Bossier Parish Police Jury is staffed in areas critical to public service and safety. Any resident needing information concerning services should call the police jury office at 318-965-2329.
Additional information is available by visiting the parish website, www.bossierparishla.gov, or the parish Facebook page, facebook.com/bossierparishpolicejury. Residents may also call the police jury public information office at 318-464-6826 or 318-382-2307.